Tuesday 24 April 2012

Teaser Tuesday and Top Ten Tuesday



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of  Should Be Reading.



My teaser:
"Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can." - Moby-Dick


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
All time favourite literary characters
In no particular order
1. Esther Greenwood- SO ME! 
2. Holden Caulfield- SO  ME! 
3. Amy March- Not really me but she was always my favorite March sister. 
4. Mia Thermopolis- SO ME!
5. Michael Moscovitz- I WANT TO MARRY+DO him  
6. Sirius Black- I can't get over his death. He can still come back from the Veil, guys. 
7. Ron Weasley- Come on, he is so nice and funny and just generally LIKABLE. 
8. Harry Potter- Childhood hero. 
9. Becky Bloomwood- Only because she is funny and dumb and I sometimes feel dumb so it's nice to have company. 
10. Humbert Humbert- How a child molester ended up on this list is the beauty of Lolita. 
This isn't really the only Top 10. Just the one that came to my mind right now. 

Send me your links too. :) 
And don't forget to stop by my Summer reading list! and check out the 10 things I love about Paper Towns by John Green 

7 comments:

  1. Becky Bloomwood is a fun character and Sirius, poor Sirius...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same way I felt about a lot of the characters on my tt -- "so me". And yes on Ron Weasley, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humbert Humbert is a great character. You don't have to like him for him to be good. Oh, the power of Nabokov.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list.

    I loved The Princess Diaries series. Oh Mia. And Michael!

    Laura @ The Traveling Owl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Mia, she almost made my list!! Good list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty excellent quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very funny sort of teaser, and a great warning system! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...